This section will familiarize you with the features of the BrowseBlast Web Accelerator.
Launching BrowseBlast Web Accelerator:
The BrowseBlast Web Accelerator launches automatically every time you start Windows. It operates in
the background to accelerate your Internet connection. No user intervention is required.
If the BrowseBlast Web Accelerator is not running and you need to launch it manually, in the Windows Start Menu, an icon titled "BrowseBlast" is located under the BrowseBlast folder (as shown below).
The BrowseBlast taskbar icon appears in the system tray to show you it is running (as shown below).
Accessing the User Interface:
BrowseBlast Web Accelerator, once launched, will remain in the system tray (as shown below). For the most part, during web browsing there will be no need to access the user interface. You can use the user interface to change settings, view connection status or acceleration statistics.
To access the user interface features, click on the BrowseBlast Web Accelerator icon in the system tray (shown above). A pop-up menu will appear (shown below), providing access to all the features of the product. Selecting and single-clicking any of the menu items will access that particular feature.
Setting Username and Password Information:
Your Username and Password information is located in the Connection Status dialog. To set your username and password:
- Right-click on the BrowseBlast Web Accelerator taskbar icon and select "Settings..." from the menu.
- Click on the "Connection" tab.
- Ensure that the "My ISP requires a login..." option box is selected.
- Enter your username and password in the fields provided. To avoid having to do this each time you connect, ensure that the "Save password" box is checked.
- To save your settings, press OK.
Changing the Image Quality Setting:
The Image Quality setting changes the quality of images that appear in your BrowseBlast Web Browser. The higher the quality you select, the longer it will take to load. For slower Internet connections, it is recommended that you lower your image quality. This slider can be adjusted any time while browsing.
You can easily obtain full image quality for a particular image (described below), so don't be overly conservative about lowering your image quality setting.
Full Image Quality Setting
- Right-click on the BrowseBlast Web Accelerator system tray icon. See the user interface mini-tutorial if you are unsure of how to do this.
- Select "Settings...".
- Select the "Image Quality" tab.
- Use the slider bar to adjust the image quality setting.
- Press OK to save the settings.
While browsing, if you would like to request the full quality image, simply right-click on the desired image from within the BrowseBlast Web Browser and select "Show Original Image" from the menu.
The full quality image will appear in place of the lower quality image.
Back to Top
Starting and Stopping:
When the BrowseBlast accelerator is launched, it automatically connects. Occasionally, you may need to stop or start manually.
If you are connected and you want to manually disconnect, right-click on the BrowseBlast Web Accelerator system tray icon to access the pop-up menu. Select the menu item "Stop BrowseBlast".
The BrowseBlast system tray icon will change from red to grey.
If BrowseBlast is stopped and you want to manually start, right-click on the BrowseBlast Web Accelerator system tray icon to access the pop-up menu. Select the menu item "Start BrowseBlast".
The BrowseBlast system tray icon will change from grey back to red.
Back to Top
Closing BrowseBlast Web Accelerator:
To close the BrowseBlast Web Accelerator:
- Right-click on the BrowseBlast Web Accelerator system tray icon and select "Exit" from the pop-up menu (see below). BrowseBlast Web Accelerator will disconnect and close. Doing this will not close any open browser windows.
Note: The BrowseBlast Web Accelerator will automatically launch again the next time you reboot your computer.